- This event has passed.
WEBINAR: DOL’s New Davis-Bacon Proposal—What Construction Contractors Need to Know
April 19, 2022 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Date: Tuesday, April 19, 2022
Time: 3 p.m. ET
Speaker: Maury Baskin, Littler Mendelson P.C.
Moderator: Ben Brubeck, ABC National
ABC Members Only
The 91-year-old Davis-Bacon Act is in need of reform, but a proposed rule issued by the U.S. Department of Labor on March 18, Updating the Davis-Bacon and Related Acts Regulations, misses the mark. Unfortunately, the DOL missed an opportunity for meaningful Davis-Bacon reform. For example, the proposed rule reverts back to 1983 regulations that do not result in actual prevailing rates, as required by statute. Reversing course by 40 years is not modernization.
This session will discuss:
- Significant provisions of the new DOL rule
- ABC’s advocacy strategy on the proposal
- The Davis-Bacon survey sent to ABC members in April
- The opportunity for ABC members to comment on the proposed rule (deadline May 17)
- A potential legal challenge