- This event has passed.
Relationship & Business Development Academy
February 14 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm$495.00 – $740.00
This is a 12 hour learning module held over three days on February 14, 16, & 21 from 8 am to noon at the ABC Greater Baltimore office.
Who should come: Business Development professionals from commercial construction primes doing business with private and public owners; sub-contractors performing commercial work; and members with services related to the commercial building industry.
Module 1, Tuesday, February 14 – Developing the “right” relationships and opportunities
- Top of the Sales Funnel: Prospecting in your market
- Qualifying opportunities for your estimators
- Identifying the proper points of contact within your target clients/customers
- Opportunities to reach out and interact with potential clients
- Building rapport and the relationship over time to increase negotiated bid opportunities
- Creating a contact marketing plan to promote your highest and best use of your time
Module 2, Thursday, February 16 – Conducting professional meetings that produce results. Set a clear purpose, and gaining agreement
- How to set a clear purpose for discussions with potential clients: What you gain
- In addition to job specification questions: learn what else you should be asking
- Developing a “Question guide” so you and your team can be better prepared for meetings
- Developing a “Objection guide” in the event you don’t win the desired project – what should you be saying or doing?
- Presenting – why the relationship step is important, and what you should be doing
- Setting concrete next steps for follow up, value engineering, negotiation
Module 3, Tuesday, February 21 – Building a relationship and value over time
- Interactions with client staff on work in progress – how to maximize and build relationships while on the job
- Identifying additional influences for future work or opportunities
- How to structure getting called in when the apparent “low bidder” fails to perform (either as project management or to take on the in progress work)
- Learn what you should be doing outside of the job site – set a yearlong agenda for relationship building activities (marketing calendar)
- Learn about and identify methods of possible support to your clients outside of the work you perform
Presenter Bio – David Kelly, CEO
David Kelly, CEO of Growth Solutions Team, is a proven resource and advisor to small businesses that want to achieve new levels of greatness with their firms. GST provides small businesses the advisory, consulting, leadership development, professional sales training, coaching and accountability services to support clients in their development. Growth Solutions Team under the direction of Kelly, has worked with hundreds of businesses, owners, sales professionals, and managers to improve results, strategic focus, and to establish well-defined corporate visions that all stakeholders can support.
Kelly began his career as a small business owner. He and his business partner started Insurance Marketing Concepts; an insurance agency and investment advisory firm. They sold the firm within the first (4) years after growing it to over 400 agents system-wide and expanding the footprint to 26 states. He then spent the bulk of his career as the CEO of Liberty Mortgage where under his leadership Liberty expanded from a regional lender serving (8) states to a national lender in (48) states. It was recognized as one of the top producing mortgage lending firms in the nation.
Kelly has served as Director and Division Sales Trainer for Jani-King, a privately held international facilities management and maintenance firm. He retired from corporate America and started Growth Solutions, LLC in 2012. He served his country in the Marine Corps, has been active in the community through involvement in local service organizations, and coaching youth sports. He is a father to his college-aged children, and most recently known for his new role: Farmer. He and the dogs, pigs and chickens reside in Baltimore County.