- This event has passed.
BASIC CARPENTRY – Day 1 (Introduction to Building Materials, Hand Tools and Rough Framing)
May 6, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm$350.00 – $900.00
THIS CLASS HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO THE FALL
ABC SKILL DAYS
Basic Carpentry; Introduction to Building Materials, Hand Tools and Rough Framing – 8 hrs
Friday, May 6; 8 am to 4 pm
Goal: To speed up the time it takes to train someone in the skills of an entry level Carpenter
Objective: Identify the specific Carpentry skills needed by the contractor and teach those to the trainees using both related instruction and hands on training.
Outcomes: Trainees will be able to quickly grasp and become proficient in the specific Carpentry skills identified by the contractor and training provider.
By the end of the course students will have experience with the following:
Day 1 – Intro to Building Materials, Hand Tools and Rough Framing (May 6; 8 am to 4 pm)
- Given a selection of building materials, identify a particular material and state its use
- Demonstrate the safe and proper use of the following hand tools: Tape Measure – Level- Speed Square -Razor Knife -Clamp – Hand Saw
- Demonstrate or describe the safe and proper use of the following power tools: • Circular saw • Table saw • Miter saw • Screw/Impact Gun • Hammer Drill- Power Actuated Fastener
- Layout a wood or metal framed wall
- Assemble and erect a wood or Metal framed wall
- Estimate the amount of material to frame a floor assembly from a set of plans
- Lay out a wood frame wall, including plates, corner posts, door and window openings.
- Assemble and erect a wood frame wall, including plates, corner posts, door, and window openings.
- Correctly install sheathing on a wall.
- Understand and install Firestopping at penetrations of wall
- Lay out and construct a floor assembly, including a rough opening and subfloor material.